A domain name is a unique name allocated to a website using the rules of the Domain Name System (DNS). Having your web domain can be very helpful. Many people go online in order to find some information, buy something, and so on. If you’re selling a product and you have a corporate web domain, then people can find you online. The company’s online presence will eventually lead to sales.
Here are five ways a corporate web domain can enhance your business.
- Builds trust: Domain names do not cost much, so you don’t have to worry about them putting a dent in your pocket. Also, customers are more likely to trust your business if it has its domain name. More trust means more potential buyers and hence more business. Also, rather than using free email services like gmail and yahoo, you can use your domain name’s email address for communicating with customers. This further increases a customer’s trust in you.
- Helps organize your business: Your domain name will help in keeping communications more organized. You can have different email addresses for different purposes. For example, a different sales address and contact address like sales(at)yourdomain.com and contactus(at)yourdomain.com. Organized emails will help you to provide proper support to customers and get back to them promptly. Also, customers are likely to recognize your business from the emails they receive and are likely to take an action.
- Builds brand awareness: With custom email address, customers are likely to remember your company by domain name. This is very crucial in building brand awareness. More and more people will remember your company and may eventually become your customers.
- Helps with the SEO: Having a corporate domain name will help your company website rank higher in search engines. This is crucial, because the higher it ranks, the more visibility it gets. More and more people will be able to find your company online and hence it will generate more traffic and more traffic means more sales. This will enhance your business much more than a free domain ever will. Free domains do not get ranked higher in search engines and hence they lack visibility. Also, this will help you against your competitors.
- It saves time: Informing your customers regarding the products and services you offer can be time consuming when done over the phone or face to face. But with a corporate website, your customer can access this information with just a click. And the information will be available 24/7/365 days so that you can save time and do other important tasks for your business.
Having a domain name is good for building brand awareness and trust among your customers. You can also point your customers to your company’s social media accounts which will further enhance customer engagement and brand visibility. If you haven’t registered a domain name for your company then you should. Its advantages are many and ignoring it can cost your business a lot of potential customers.